Marine Insurance for Massachusetts Residents
We want you to enjoy the waters in and around Southeastern Massachusetts; from the south shore to Boston Harbor to Cape Cod, it is truly a boaters’ paradise.
Whether you’re more likely to be spotted on a powerboat, sailboat, or caught fishing in fresh waters on a motorboat, Morse Insurance is here to make sure you have the proper marine insurance for your boating lifestyle. It is our responsibility to remind you how easily a beautiful day out on the water can turn into your worst one.
With private boat accidents causing millions of dollars in property damage annually, having the appropriate property and liability coverage is essential. Whether your boat collides with another one, is ravaged by a hurricane, gets destroyed by fire, or is the victim of a theft, a boat insurance policy will help you replace your valuable possession and any special equipment you kept on it, such as fishing gear.
The marine insurance experts will review your coverage with you, however a typical policy generally includes:
- The Hull
- Permanently attached equipment at an agreed value
- Broader liability protection than your homeowners policy
Boat insurance may also cover:
- Bodily injury – for injuries caused to another person
- Property damage – for damage caused to someone else’s property
- Guest passenger liability – for any legal expenses incurred by someone using the boat with the owner’s permission
- Medical payments – for injuries to the boat owner and other passengers
- Theft – including your entire boat being stolen
There are a variety of factors that will determine your coverage and your premium, including type and value of your boat or watercraft, the horsepower of the engines, the location where it is kept, and the places you like to travel with it. That’s why you want to work with an insurance agent, like Morse, Of Course, that is going to go above and beyond to find you the best marine insurance policy to keep you, your passengers and your investment safe and secure. And if you have an existing marine insurance policy, let our experts take a close look at it to make sure you are getting all the savings you deserve.
Start saving with Morse Insurance today! We’ll uncover any discounts that you may be eligible for, including:
- Diesel powered crafts
- Coast Guard approved fire extinguishers
- Ship-to-shore radios
- Two years of claims-free experience
- Multi-policies with the same insurer, such as a car, home or umbrella policy
- Safety education courses, such as those offered by the Coast Guard Auxiliary, U.S. Power Squadrons, or the American Red Cross
Call us today at 508-238-0056 for a free marine insurance policy quote and a future of happy boating!